The Veterinarians at Gillespie Veterinary Center recommend that the pet be at least 6mo of age.
Vaccine series start at 6 weeks of age and continues every three to four weeks until 15 weeks of age. At 12 weeks or third series of vaccines your puppy can receive their rabies vaccine
Vaccine series start at 6 weeks of age and continues every three to four weeks until 12 weeks of age. At 12 weeks of age or the final round of vaccines your kitten can receive their rabies vaccine.
The Veterinarians at Gillespie Veterinary Center recommend a balanced diet for your pet. The brands that we carry at Gillespie Veterinary Center include – Science Diet, Purina, Hill’s Prescription Diets and Purina Veterinary Diets.
Halitosis or bad breath is caused by tartar on your pet’s teeth, usually this tartar has to be removed to address the bad breath. The best method to remove this tartar is to perform a scaling dental. Typically a dental is performed every 6 months to annually depending on the breed of dog. After the tartar is removed there are several chews that are available to prolong the life of the dental. At Gillespie Veterinary Center we carry OraVet Chews.
- Trifexis – A monthly tablet that prevents Heartworm disease, kills fleas and prevents infestation and treats and controls intestinal worms.
- Nexgard – A monthly chew that kills fleas and ticks.
- Heartgard – A monthly chew that prevents heartworm disease.
- Bravecto – A chew that is given every three months and treats fleas and ticks.
- Frontline Gold – A topical solution applied monthly and kills fleas, flea eggs and larvae and ticks.
- Advantage Multi – A topical solution applied monthly and treats heartworm, kills fleas and worms.
- Cheristan – A monthly topical solution that prevents and treats for fleas.
- Revolution – A monthly topical solution that prevents and treats both heartworms and fleas.
- Frontline Gold – A monthly topical solution that kills fleas, flea eggs and flea larvae and kills ticks.
- Advantage Multi – A monthly topical solution that prevents heartworms, kills fleas, ear mites and worms.
Usually that indicates that the anal glands are full and require attention.